Saturday, January 23, 2010

Facebook gave me a Stocker! :(


Now don’t get me wrong I love Facebook. But at the beginning of the year Facebook changed its Privacy settings and if you did not read all the pop up you would not know that you would have to go in and reset up all your privacy settings. Now on my Facebook I did put my mobile number just in case friends that lost my number would have it. So some guy was able to look at my pictures and get my phone number.
He started Text messaging early today. He started off by just saying “Hey how are you” Since the number was not stored in my phone I thought maybe it was a friend who forgot to tell me they changed phone numbers. I was nice and said “Fine! Just curious I don’t have this number in my phone… Who is this?” He said his name was Joel and that I gave him my phone number a few weeks ago… That was the RED flag at least for me… I have been so busy the last Month that I really have not had time to meet anyone or go out other than family stuff. I told him that I don’t remember meeting or giving my number out to anyone names Joel. He then asked for me to send him a picture that maybe he was mixing me up with someone. I told him that I was not in the habit of sending my picture to someone I don’t know. So he started sending me all kinds of pictures of himself. The 1st one of clean but the 2nd was not so clean. He sent more but I did not open them on my phone… I did not want to take the chance of them being like the 2nd picture. In his last text he commented about a picture I had on FB. I talked with a friend about it and she was the one that told me about the setting on FB needing to be reset. So needless to say the settings are fixed now and I have called my phone company to block this guy’s phone number.
I hate to put anyone of Blast... But I really should have been more careful and if I'm going to use Social Sites and put my personal info I it... Then I need to read all the emails and pop ups. Learn from my mistake people.

No comments:

Post a Comment