Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mini Captain Moroni aka Kasarah


I was given such a gift the other day. On Thursday 11/5/09 I went over to Kasarah's (A new member of the Church) home to talk about what we were going to talk about in our Visit teaching Lesson this Month. We talked during the week and decided to met Thursday and give ourselves time to pick out our favorite talk from General Conference.

When I came over to her home I was amazed. Her home felt and looked like it had always been an LDS Home. And then we started to talk about Conference... Wow this lady is awesome! The spirit is so strong with her and I could not find the will to leave the harm feeling of the spirit around her. What I thought would be a 2 hour visit to get to know each other... turned out to be about 5 and a half hours of scripture study about the Power of the Holy Ghost, the Gift of the Holy Ghost and a lot of prayer. It was amazing :) I learned so much!
We talked about how the Holy Ghost talks and leads each of us. We talk about how now a days we can take for granted the fact the we can hear a prophet speak to us. I remember the first time I ever heard a Prophet speak... It was when I was 9 or 10 years old... and it was President Hunter. The Prophet before him (Benson) did not speak for himself in his final years as a prophet... Usually someone would read a message from him. But I remember when President Hunter was called as the Prophet and he got up to speak to the Church. I was so in awe. I remember thinking why don't all people listen to him.

And this last General Conference Kasarah got to hear for the 1st time a Prophet speak to her. And what a wonderful feeling that was for her. She gave up everything to join this church... (Her home, Her Job, Her old friends) She said it was all worth it... it was worth it because of the peace the Holy Ghost gives her.

What a strong and wonderful soul this lady has. Look out world I think we may have a Mini Captain Moroni... So Wave your flag high Kasarah! Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment