Monday, June 6, 2011

Crazy Day off Work

Today I got woken up by Jeanelle at 5am. My Mom Called my Sister Heather saying my Dad had fallen. This time she was standing by him and he fell on top of her. My Mom got up but could not get my Dad up. So my Mom called Heather crying uncontrollably. So Heather, Jeanelle and I got in the car and headed out to Coolidge. About half way there we got a call from my Mom. One of her home teachers and his wife had come over to helped her get Dad up. But she said Dad was having jerky body movements. The Brother from church said he thought he had a stroke and said he thought they should call 911. So they did and they were there by the time Heather, Jeanelle and I got to the house. The paramedics said all his vitals were fine. Heather asked My Dad if he wanted to go to the VA to get looked at. And My Dad said No. So we then asked him if he wanted to go to dialysis. He said yes so we drove him to the Dialysis center and dropped him off. I think my Mom wanted us to stay with her while he was at Dialysis for the 4 hours. But we still had stuff to get done. Heather had to call Her Ex to see if he could take Griff to the Doctor. We had to drop a check off for Steve somewhere. I had to get some laundry done. So we Dropped Mom off and told her to lay down to get some sleep and we would be back at 11am to pick Dad up at dialysis. On the way back to pick up Dad we got a call from my Mom. She wanted to pick up Dad and then have us take him to the VA. Heather told her no. She told her that he did not want to go to the VA and he had already told her that. Dad is really getting worn out and has started to fall asleep and it is harder and harder to wake him up. He is crying a lot because of the pain he is in. Heather and I both think we should just give him pain pills and keep him comfortable until he goes. But my Mom does not want him to get to comfortable because she thinks he will die on her. Dad told us today that he wanted to die but he did not want to leave Mom because she did not want him to go. There was fight about if it was selfish or not to have Dad suffer longer just because Mom did not want to be alone. Things are just getting worse for him. Today the Dialysis center told him that he should no longer be walking around with a walker. He is just too weak to even stand too long. So now he is in a wheel chair. Let me tell you this was a great day off work.
Also on the way home while driving the running board of Heather's van just fell off. We thought it was a flat tire. But when we got out of the Van to look at it we saw it was the Running board half off so we were dragging it. We could not get the stupid thing totally off or totally back on. So, we (being the crafty and creative thinkers that we are) found some Yarn and tied it up thou the door of the van. One piece of yarn held the whole way home. I was very impressed with our creativity . When we got home Steve was impressed as well. There was very little damage to the Running board.
The Doctors did not think Griff tore anything in his knee but they did say that he had water building in the back of his knee. They did an X-ray and then said he should do physical therapy. I think he is going to get the physical therapy at football with the coaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment