Tuesday, October 27, 2009

“Why Do you call them Your Freshmen?”

Ok maybe I’m a little possessive but I Love the young gals in my Ward! They are all smart, funny, outgoing, and just so much fun to be around. My Twin, Ginny, hears all my stories when I come home from Church activities and she asked me “Why do you call them your freshman?”
So here is how it started
My first Sunday at my singles ward I sat next to a Bunch of Freshmen Gals filling out Membership forms for the Ward clerk. I just had a blast helping them fill out their forms and chatting with them.
They are all living in dorms on ASU Campus and with out cars. I live a very short distance away from campus so I offered them my number so that they could call me anytime they needed for a ride. I try to make sure to call them on FHE nights to make sure they have rides to and from FHE. You would think I am the one serving them but in fact it has been the other way around.
I find myself looking forward to seeing them and kind of wishing that they don’t have rides so I can pick them up. LOL … Even if they think and have said “wow, you don’t act that old” LOL I love them. They make me remember how I should be … willing to accept others and forever learning to be a better person .
Each Sunday I find more and more Awesome Gals
Ladies, You’re the Best! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment