Sunday, March 7, 2010

Church Foul? Did I do that?

OK, my Parents went out of town to see their New Great Grandchild and needed a baby sitter from Early Friday to Sunday night for their two foster children. Tanya is 3 and Robbie is 2 months. Both the Best Kiddos ever! My Mom asked me to care for them and of course I said yes. However I asked that on Sunday Afternoon if my Little sister Tommi could watch them for the Final hours. This way I could go to church and the Church CES fireside that night. She agreed so in my head all was going to work out great.

Sunday comes and I am getting ready for church when Tanya (the 3 year old) tells me she does not want to stay with Tommi and wants to go to church with me. What was I supposed to do... She is like a sponge right now... If she wants to go to church Why not just take her. Life is an Adventure right!?

I pack Tanya her own little bag full of paper, pens, PB &J Sandwich, water, and one action figure. We got to church early and got to watch the choir practice. Which she loved the music! It was fun watching her try to sing with them. I got there early so I could sit in a seat and keep her busy with little notice of her being there or so I thought... And if we were in a Family ward she would have been the best behaved kids there. However in a singles ward (where a pin dropping out of your scriptures can be a loud noise) she did not seem so quit. But Its not like I could get after her... She is 3 years old and was being really good for a 3 year old. I am sure their are people in the ward that did not think I should have taking her but to them I would say... Stop sweating the small stuff....and think of it as practice for when you get married and move back to a family ward... Paying attention in a family ward can be hard sometimes. Lol

So did I commit a Church Foul for a Singles Ward? I don't think so but you might.

On a Funnier note my new friend Todd thought I had been hiding the fact that I had a kid this whole time... Lol I should have told him she was my kid and just watch him scramble... LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment